Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And the car is back!!

I don't know how, I don't know why, but it's working again. I took the battery to a mechanic yesterday and he charged it and tested it when I went back today to reveal that there's nothing wrong with the battery... i'm not sure this is good news... if it's not the battery, it's probably something more serious... Most likely it's loose wiring or it's the starter motor, either way it's not great. I put the battery back in, turned the key... nothing.
OK. Either way a push start should get it going, I will just have to park on hills for the next little while. Round up some boys to push start it and put Andy in the drivers seat as he's torn his calf and won't be heaps of use for pushing the car and then just as we're about to start pushing Andy turns the key and brrrrrr-brrrrrrrrr-BRRRRRRRRMMMMMM!! The engine kicks to life after 2 days of not eliciting so much as a struggling groan, unbelievable. I'm still parking it on hills just in case but it has been starting fine since.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zac, If you can read this we're back in action,(if you can't see this let me know!!!)

The Heir said...

I can read it, we're back in action!!
Did you get my question about the camera??

The Heir said...

thats coz your mind cant process our higher level communication.
i dont get this, i can read all the comments but they are not appearing on the site, it says 0 comments when i know there's 4 on this post.

Anonymous said...

There are 4 comments on the main page and there are 4 here as well. All looks good to me!

Anonymous said...

Actually, now there's 5. Maybe there is something wrong after all.

The Heir said...

isnt it neopolitan??
Laughing Out Loud Under My Breath?? thats a very teeny bopper piece of short hand dad, either youre spending far too much time on the net or youre having a mid life crisis in which you are trying to revert to the pschological state of a teenage girl...

Anonymous said...

The ice-cream story reminds me of the time Old Nan bought a special dessert when we visited her - "Vendetta" ice-cream!

The Heir said...

i think theres a new movie called "V for Vendetta" or something like that...
Im assuming it was Ventitian of whatever it is, that stuff is actually really good, although Im not into desert at the moment, loving the real food but no desert.

The Heir said...

just noticed as i put that comment in that the word verification was "itcrst", could rearrange that one as well, tho to be honest i didnt really get the bit about oofuozuw, it doesnt form any words in my head...