Friday, November 24, 2006

Ill

Woke up really crook today. Stayed in bed till 2. Still feel crap. Went to the doctors in the hope that the thing where you miraculously recover the moment you step into the doctors surgery would happen. It didnt. However the doctor gave me a script and I went next door to buy it and found I was a pound short, thinking I'd have to blag it or come back later I was suddenly blessed when a lady I know from the village church walked in and paid for my script and told me not to worry about it. Was a really nice moment in a mostly crap day. Have been reading a book called What's So Amazing About Grace? over the last few weeks and am really enjoying it (I also need to finish it so I can write my assignment on it!! -am loving being set an assignment I actually enjoy tho-) what was my point?, oh yeah- it was really great example of a little bit of grace. Most people would lend me the money or give it but with a subtext of "you owe me one", not necessarily in a nasty way but there is a culture of paying your own way and everything having to balance out. But grace is an undeserved favour that expects nothing in return. It is entirely unconditional. There is a similar concept in the movie Pay It Forward for those who have seen the movie.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM
That turned into a bit of a ramble... ANY-WAYS...
Got Expo Day tomorow. If you're in Thame come pay us a visit.
Ciao!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, Zac. Hope you get a good rest. LOve Mum.

jayne said...

isn't it great when mum's are able to look after you even when they're so far away?!i remember being sick in oz and my mum was the best at making me feel better,even though it was all done over the phone.

hope you do feel better soon.nothing is worse feeling sick and being in this FREEZING weather - seriously,i can't cope with coldness!

You said...

you have to pay for a prescription in the UK? i thought you all had free healthcare like in canada.

Anonymous said...

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me."

Weird word "wretch". Better fitted to the vomit conotation, but I'm not sure I like comparing myself to a pile of vomit.

I know, I know... I must be a tad weird to even think this stuff... Sunday morning drivel...

city girl said...

oh it was incredible too amazing for words (although i could probably think of some) dun have the dred anymore SORRY i woke up and cause i am not a moorning person AT ALL i went stright to the shhower and washed themm out. hmmm... dammit hope you are feelin betta mate! xx