Saturday, December 09, 2006

Last Weekend

I promised an account of last weekends trip up to Loughborough and as yet have not had a chance to give it. Briefly, here's why:
Monday- had three meetings and a mountain of day trip work before I got home, can't remember if I ate, oh wait, yes I can, Andrew was home and Rob and Barbara was out so dinner was an entertaining affair that resembled a war zone more than a dignified evening meal. From there I headed to cell and kept everyone entertained with my accent (mentioned in the post below I believe) before finalising some "negotiations" with Google and crashing out.
Tuesday- had staff meeting, then another day trip meeting, then youth cafe with the most hyper and irritating bunch of children in all of oxfordshire who decided that trying to steal everything in sight was a fun pass time, from there to Sozza's birthday party and then a loooooong "deep and meaningful" on the way home (her father ended up coming looking for her an hour and a half after we'd left, apparently this is a regular occurence from her rather protective parents, i thought it was hillarious) Then the real work started. I did not sleep Tuesday nite, but stayed up and worked all the way through.
Wednesday- I emerged at about 7am (it was still disturbingly dark with the moon v high at this point, stupid english winter) and grabbed breakfast before returning to my room to keep working. I lasted all the way to 7:30pm Wednesday nite before I crashed out for one of the best sleeps of my life.
Thursday- had to knock back an extremely tempting offer of a trip to St Andrews bookshop in favour of an all day meeting (which was entirely pointless from my end as I said nothing, did nothing and learned nothing relevant) and then taught the Circular Process of Social Interaction to a group of year 11's who are doing mentoring in a local High School. This was followed by Community Supper and then knocking back another tempting offer of a movie in favour of sleep.
Friday- Had a day trip site check and re-ordered half the day and shifted activities to suit the location, need to call the bus company again and tell them we want to change times again. Followed this with a supervisor meeting over lunch and then got stuck into more day trip work. One highlight was that I started building a games/activities database for myself and anyone who wants it, have been meaning to do this for a while. Caught the train to drop-in, second time I have used a train in England, was nice but expensive, lucky i wasn't going far. Drop-in was a good laugh and Andy was on board with the database idea straight away,
already having a similar thing himself. Caught train back from drop-in
and wrote the epic email I've been meaning to write since Tuesday, finished that about 2am and Soph started talking to me on MSN and then sent me a bunch of hillarious photos from when we were kids. One or two others from Oz warranted a chat and so I crept into bed at about 3 this morning.
Today- I am about to go Christmas shopping in Oxford and then go
bowling with some friends as a goodbye to an Aussie friend whose been
checking out the UK for the last few weeks. So really, I can't give the account of the weekend now at all... However I will, if I have any sort
of energy oor inclination I will post some photos and stories from Loughborough.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

G'day Zac

Try skyping me tomorrow night.
Or, tell me what your phone number is and I'll call.
Or email me.
Whatever works for you.

Dad

WV odfnaqld